Video Poker at Big Dollar Casino
In 1970, Dale Electronics introduced the world’s first video poker machine called the “Poker-Matic”. It was installed in almost every casino that existed in Las Vegas and went on to lay down the groundwork for future games that came in the 1980s with the introduction of computers. Video poker is a casino game that’s played with a hand of five cards.
The game allows players to play against the house only instead of playing against each other. As an alternative to online slots, online video poker requires skills and; an understanding of the game to win. Similar to poker, video poker online has different variations of the game all of which, come with their own dose of entertainment.
How to Play Video Poker?
Learning how to play online video poker for real money is easy. once you know the basic rules of a standard poker game, you’ll be able to play any video poker variation. The goal is to try and get the strongest hand possible. Here are the basic rules of the online game:
- A player chooses the game they’d like to play and place a bet. Five cards are dealt. The player will then choose which cards to keep and which cards to discard, and new ones are dealt out
- The game checks to see if you’ve created a winning hand. If your hand appears on the paytable, you’ll earn a payout. You have to create the best hand you can
- The paytable featured for the online casino video poker game you’re playing allows you to see which hands will lead to a payout. Some games offer a payout for a pair while some only start at an Ace high card. Bear in mind that the amount each hand pays varies between games. Always check the paytable first
Also, to keep in mind, it’s not the paytable alone that affects the hands you create. Each game has its own set of rules. It’s wise to pick a game that is well suited to your playing style. Just like other online casino games, video poker variants all offer different levels of payout. Every game has a different paytable with different hands as the lowest starting point for payouts. Each game also pays out different amounts for each hand. You could get more for three of a kind in one version than you would in another. Come try out your hand at Big Dollar Casino
Online Video Poker Variants
Whether you’re playing on a desktop or smartphone, there are plenty of online games you can play at online casinos. Here’s a list of the top six worth playing:
- Deuces Wild: The 2s act as the wildcards, which can substitute any other card resulting in a winning hand. Typically, the paytable for this variation of video poker is not as big as those for Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild is still a popular choice purely for the fun factor including the winning combinations offered by the wild cards
- Jacks or Better: One of the most popular games, in Jacks or Better players, are given 5 cards and can hold as many as they deem necessary as the ones not held are replaced by new cards
- Double Bonus Poker: This variant of video poker has the same principles based on Jacks or Better. Players unlock two bonuses both, of which are found of a kind
- Double Double Bonus Poker: With this game, you get the same bonus from Double Bonus Poker, with an added bonus of ‘kickers’ after your four of a kind
- Joker’s Wild: This game is played with an additional Joker card which acts as a wild card substituting any other card including, boosting the payout for certain winning hands
- Aces and Eights: A game that’s similar to Jacks or Better, with Aces and Eights players getting high payouts on four 7s, Aces, or 8s
Video poker is a fun online casino game that combines the best parts of slots machines and poker. Whichever exciting online game you choose to play, you’ll always get a thrill like no other.